Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Favorite Place on Earth: The Borough Market


I don't know if you guys have heard of the Borough Market in London, but it is honestly heaven on Earth. If you're a food lover of any sort, especially cheeses, you would absolutely love going to this market. 

I've been in London for about two weeks now, and I've already been to this lovely market twice (both on a Friday). There are endless booths of samples of cheeses, olive oils, breads, brownies, ect. I love walking between the crowded stalls and seeing what new delicious discovery I can find next. I'm absolutely in love with the cheeses and cannot get over how good this mozzarella cheese by the entrance was. I may have snuck back for another taste ;)

For lunch, there are so many choices and this week I decided to go with a duck sandwich! Never in my life have I ever had duck and, let me tell you, it was absolutely delicious. They put mayo and lettuce on the bun then scooped a whole bunch of duck into it. Mmmmm I'm drooling just thinking about it! 

For dessert, they had a fantastic selection of pastries and treats, so I had no idea what I wanted! They had HUGE brownies, ice cream, cookies, donuts, and anything else you can imagine. I even got to sample some Turkish Delight (what Edmund had in Chronicles of Narnia) and it was SO GOOD. But, I only discovered that after I had purchased my heavenly chocolate covered palmier. But I won't despair! Because I know that the next time I go (which, come on, we know I will), I am definitely picking up some Turkish Delight. Oooh and maybe some fudge I saw at another stand. So many possibilities! 

So as you can tell, The Borough Market has by far been my favorite find in London. I think it's because of my complete and utter obsession with food. With food from so many cultures and backgrounds, you're bound to find something you've never had before. And you're bound to fall in love with it! I wish I could take all of the cheese home with me, but I have an inkling my parents wouldn't be too happy with me bringing a suitcase of cheese home instead of all of my things. Haha, I can always dream! Hopefully another trip to the market is in store for next Friday! I'm already dreaming of all of the delicious things I have yet to try....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...