Tuesday, June 25, 2013

London Afternoon Tea: Take Three


It's official. I'm obsessed with afternoon tea. 

After our first not-so-great tea, we were determined to experience the amazing afternoon tea everyone raves about in England. How could anyone think that one scone and one chelsea bun counted as a tea? Well, I don't know. So some girls in my flat and I decided to go out and try out luck again for a second afternoon tea and we absolutely loved it. There were scones, sandwiches, pastries, and delicious tea. And don't forget the macaron! Needless to say, I was incredibly happy after that day of an authentic afternoon tea. 

Since we had such an amazing time at our second tea, we decided to have afternoon tea one more time while we were here. So, we found a 2 for 1 deal at Number Twelve and made our reservation for four. The restaurant was really cute but the service was not as great as our second tea. The two servers had thick foreign accents and had trouble understanding our American accents. But once they figured out we had a reservation and we wanted the afternoon tea, everything turned out to be spectacular. 

I ordered the Chamomile Citron tea, which came in a clear pot on top of a clear teacup and saucer. It was different, but ended up looking really cool. We each got four different kinds of tea sandwiches, 2 scones, a strawberry fruit tart, a slice of fruit cake, and a cupcake. It may not seem like a lot, but after having all of the food and two pots of tea each, we were stuffed in the end. But we had so much fun spending two hours sipping our tea and eating our delicious tea food. 

This tea was definitely a lot sweeter than the other one in regards to food, and I absolutely loved it. While I still think the service and environment was the best at our second tea, this one left my stomach feeling the most content. I'm going to miss afternoon tea when I go back home, but I've already made plans with my best friend to have our own tea when she comes back from London in 5 weeks. How could I have gone so long without realizing the magical experience of afternoon tea? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...