Monday, May 27, 2013

To Do List: #24


#24: Drink tea in England


This past Thursday, I was able to do something that I've only dreamed of doing: Have afternoon tea in London. The entire group I am in London with went to The Cadogan in Knightsbridge for a lovely afternoon of tea and some delicious pastries. 

For the tea, I had their special Chelsea Flower Blend and it was absolutely delicious. They use tea from Partridges and I was able to track down their store in London and buy some to bring back for my mom, because I know she'd just love it. WIth the tea, everyone got a Chelsea Bun and two Scones with clotted cream and either Strawberry jam or Lemon and Champaigne Jam. They were delicious!

As my first tea, I was definitely expecting more pastries and treats. I guess the professors booked the simplest tea, so we only got three tiny pastries. Last year they had done tea at Harrod's for the program, which I would have loved, but they decided to change it up this year. I definitely want to find another tea shop where I can get more food for my pound, including sandwiches, scones, cookies, and your other typical tea foods. Oh well. At least I got to enjoy some very delicious tea and got to know the other people in the program. The Cadogan is definitely a beautiful place and I'm so happy to have been able to have this experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...